Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Feedline for Ground Mounted Vertical?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Feedline for Ground Mounted Vertical?
From: Andy <ai.egrps@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:42:27 -0400
> Actually the open wire lines at medium wave BC stations exciting
> verticals are all, as far as I know, unbalanced.

The (old, no longer used) feedline I saw, I'm pretty sure was balanced.  It
had just two wires, with pairs of glass insulators.  If they had been
unbalanced in that arrangement, I think it would have radiated pretty badly;
as opposed to the quad surrounding wires with spacers you described.

>   See for example the
> line shown here at KFBK, operating phased Franklins:

Man, that is one impressive setup.

Andy