[TowerTalk] M2 RC2800PX output voltage

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 RC2800PX output voltage
From: inventor_sixty_one <inventor61@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 16:53:21 -0400
Hello

With my motor voltage wires lifted from the rotor control terminals pins 1
and 2, I see 48V DC between pin 1 and chassis.

I thought the DC output to the motor was floating w-r-t chassis/earth.

This happens even if the box is not commanding the rotor to turn (just
idling).

There is no voltage against pin 2 until I activate the controller to rotate
the beam.
There is no voltage between pin 2 and ground.

Turning the AC off on the box douses the DC.

The system seems to work fine otherwise.

Weird things are happening at my station and I suspect this as a partial
cause.

I will be asking M2 tomorrow of course, but prior to that, a huge favor ...

If anyone has this same controller and a few minutes to spare, could you
take a moment, unhook the DC output, turn it on, and see if you have a
voltage from pin 1 to ground on the terminal strip?

Tnx

73  Steve KZ1X/4