Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:07:35 -0700
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:46:06 -0700, David Gilbert wrote:

>Painting the tower to match the house might look more attractive up
>close, but painting it a flat dark color (dark brown, dark gray, etc)
>will make it harder to see from a distance.

I'm doing exactly that right now, painting sections of Rohn 25 dark
brown to disappear into the redwoods. The paint is exterior latex left
over from house trim. They are damn near invisible. I'm brushing it on
sections that are sitting on other sections as low saw horses. Paint
everything you can see, dry overnight, turn 120 degrees and paint
everything you can see.

73,

Jim K9YC