To: towertalk@contesting.com, n9rvee@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 78, Issue 55
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:50:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2009 5:15:09 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

>  Does anyone have any experience with freight companies  handling
shipments of
heliax?  I have two 4 foot diameter coils of 7/8  inch heliax that need to
travel out here to Montana.  They weigh about  70 lbs. each.  UPS won't take
them, and Fed Ex wants an exhorbitant  (> $1K) amount of money.

Hiya, Pat --

    Methinks you're trying to ship it unpackaged. The  lengths I gotten all
come in big cardboard boxes. Once it's in a box, they  should take it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH