Re: [TowerTalk] Paint

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Paint
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:55:45 -0700
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:26:05 -0400, w3qx@qsl.net wrote:

>Seeking current recommendations for antenna paints please?  Sky- or
>foliage drop-out colors (of course).

I am just finishing painting 120 ft of Rohn 25 a dark brown color so that
it will dissapear in my redwoods. On the recommendation of someone on
this list, I'm using the same exterior latex paint that was used to paint
trim on my house. It's going on quite well on both "new old stock
sections" and several used sections that have been up in the air for a
while. I'm painting it on with a brush, one more section to paint. There
are already two sections sitting in the concrete base, and they don't
stick out at all.

73,

Jim K9YC