Re: [TowerTalk] crimping tools

To: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crimping tools
From: David McKenzie <kb1fsy@vhfwiki.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:39:16 -0400
Jim, I'm using the RF Industries crimp tool that I got on ebay with both
sets of interchangeable dies for crimping cables from RG59 through LMR400
and am very happy with it. Mainly I am using it to crimp LMR-240 but I have
the LMR400 connectors for my bury-flex coax as well and have had no issues.
It is a ratchet-type crimper and appears to be heavy duty. I've crimped
maybe 20 connectors to this point with no problems whatsoever. I don't know
what the tool retails for but I got it for about $75 on ebay, and the crimp
connectors are anywhere from $1.90-$3.50 each depending where you get them.
Certianly beats soldering any day of the week in my opinion.

Regards,
David KB1FSY