Re: [TowerTalk] re-tuning steppirs for lowest vswr

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re-tuning steppirs for lowest vswr
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:10:33 +0000

>  how much variance in gain there is when changing
> the factory settings to user determined vswr settings.
>
> k7puc

None.  As long as you just change just the driven element length.

The gain is quite broad (very little change clear across the 20 meter band.).
The f/b is much sharper with frequency.
I have the elements in a 4NEC2 model if you want to look at the patterns and
charts.  I'd be happy to send them to you.  The program is free to download.

I've made similar offers many times to others.  No one has ever taken me up on
my offer, though.  But antenna modeling is a fascinating topic that will show
you all kinds of things about your antenna (such as the effect of changing
height, what happens if you mount another antenna nearby, etc.)

Rick  K2XT