Re: [TowerTalk] Self-support Tower on Rock?

To: <ve3gsi@canada.com>, "'Towertalk e-Goups'" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Self-support Tower on Rock?
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 19:07:16 -0000
Eric,
Years ago, at the K2GL contest site in Tuxedo Park, NY there was a similar
situation for many of the towers.  They were put on pier pins and guyed.
Then a huge fan-out of radials was spread across the hillsides on the side
from many of the towers.

Years after the site had been sold, I helped take down several of the towers
and we found much of this wire in place and in good shape.

Thanks & 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964