[TowerTalk] Mounting a Hustler 5BTV Near a house

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting a Hustler 5BTV Near a house
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:33:27 -0400
I have a 160m vertical 3 feet from the house at P40A http://www.qrz.com/p40a
and it works OK.  Your vertical should work fine near the house and it may
minimize any neighbor complaints so you can stay on the air.

GL,
John KK9A

To: towertalk@contesting.com
From: Jay Radcliffe <jay.radcliffe@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:09:18 -0600

Hello,

I have recently moved to a new home that has HOA/CC&R restrictions.
The good news is that I got permission to put the antenna up with very
little hassle. I am trying to be a good neighbor and was thinking
about mounting the antenna near the house rather then the back of my
yard.  I know this is not ideal, but the antenna would be virtually
unnoticeable from 80% of the viewing angles if mounted near the house.
Assume that the # of radials at are the same (20-30 between 15 and 70
feet long) and that the side of the house is 10-12 feet tall and
construction is all wood with asphalt shingles. The antenna would be
ground mounted 3' away from the house on a DX Engineering tilt base
and power would be 100W maximum.  I wanted to see if anyone has any
experience with how much degradation in TX/RX quality compared to
mounting it more in the clear.

Thanks in advance.

Jay n8os