Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Wicks

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Wicks
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:57:48 +0000
This one at least has some reasonably controlled tests and measurements and
may actually do something useful while not performing miracles.  I would
like to see someone duplicate the tests on larger antennas, I am wondering
if the close proximity of the dissipater and the driven element on the
vhf/uhf antennas tested is what caused the effect, and then if the much
longer driven element of something like a 20m yagi would be likewise
protected.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net