Re: [TowerTalk] HF yagi - tree mount fixture - photos: Need suggestions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF yagi - tree mount fixture - photos: Need suggestions
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:24:33 -0600
Considering how big the tree is at the mounting point (2' ??), the
extra weight is nothing more than a big pain in the butt to get it up
at that height.  3/8" plate construction is overkill, for sure.  At
least it won't fail.   I think you could cut off the top gusset, but
I'd leave the bottom one on.  You could always use a torch/hole saw,
etc. and cut some lightening holes in the gussets.  Example:  http://
www.teamdelta.com/ax/lfeb10.jpg

Chris
KF7P

In a message dated 9/27/2009 12:01:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

http://picasaweb.google.com/wlanddx/TreeMountFixture?feat=directlink

>   Question:
In one of the photos, i have marked  cutting points in red  color.
Should i
cut or not?
The objective is to reduce weight. Cutting  the gussets will reduce the
weight by at least
14lbs.

     Hack away! Your load is pretty small and  sidemount pretty
robust so I
don't see any problems.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC