[TowerTalk] Phillystran damaged?

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran damaged?
From: Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:57:15 -0400
My 4L SteppIR uses small diameter Phillystran as a bridle for the boom,
clamped with saddle clamps. I have the antenna on the ground, and was
going to replace the saddle clamps with stainless steel ones.

When I took off the old clamps, the 'stran is crushed absolutely flat
where the U-bolt side bore on it. It appears as tho there is nothing in
the jacket. The jacket isn't broken, only flat.

Is the Philly cut or broken, or is that much crush normal? It doesn't
seem like a good idea to breach the jacket to have a look-see.

73, Mike NF4L