Re: [TowerTalk] How Helically Wound Verticals Really Work (was : Vertica

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How Helically Wound Verticals Really Work (was : Vertical dipoles)
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:15:40 +0000
Dan,

My model had a 1ft straight wire at the base, with 10ft of helical above
it. I used 240 turns - couldn't do more without running out of EZNEC
segments. The source was right at the bottom of the 1ft base wire. The
current increased very slightly (1A to 1.003A) between the source and a
point about 1" into the helix. After that it decreased steadily towards
the top of the helix.

It didn't see the more significant "peak" in current which I have
observed modelling other loading coils.

73,
Steve G3TXQ