Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating a dipole on a side-arm

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating a dipole on a side-arm
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:38:37 EST
Gene Smar wrote:
> Scott:
>
>      I have  a Cushcraft D40 (compact) rotatable dipole at the top of my
> tower's  mast at 78 feet.  I find that it is pretty much non-directional,
>  that is, I can't seem to find a null or even a measureable drop in RX
levels
> when I rotate it.

How close is the dipole to other beams on the tower?  My guess  is there is
some interaction going on.  My 40 meter Yagi at 80 and my  KT36XA at 92
affect each other.  I can see the SWR vary on the 40 meter  Yagi when rotate
either it or the KT36XA.  I see variations on 10  also.  The changes are not
huge, but they are there.  How they affect  FB/gain probably isn't great, but
the interaction is there.

There should be around 5-10 db difference when rotated 90  degrees.

Bill KH7XS