Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire lines

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire lines
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:49:09 -0500
Hi Paul -

I buildt a small, 100 watt, "balanced " tuner, using a "T" circuit, with
"floating chassis", insulated shafts and torriod at the 50 ohm end. Judging
from rf ameter readings in the balanced line and operation of the xmt amp
and results, it looks good. I use it for portable operation with a 45 foot
centerfed dipole as near vertical as I can get it and some 450 ohm line. It
works great on 10-20 and somewhat on 40. Adding horizontal loading wire to
the top end gets me on 40 and 80. With a  carribean prefix (and being next
to saltwater) worked lots of EU and JA, including EU on 80 SSB.

Gene / W2LU