[TowerTalk] Half sloper recommedations needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half sloper recommedations needed
From: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 05:18:33 -0800

.

Suggestion 1:  Why not shunt feed your 90' tower?  I'd bet it would
knock the socks off any sloper or Inverted-L hung from that same tower,
and it isn't any more difficult to build.
73,
Dave   AB7E
## I have used  half slopers b4, with great success, but never tried oneon
160m.  I might give it a try, when the HDX-689  get's installed this spring.
One big advantage is the max current point gets elevated  way up. A few yrs
back, I had a 96' trylon, with no yagis on top, and used the 80m1/2 sloper, at
the  38' level...  dead flat on 3820 khz.  Best 1/2 sloper to date. In that
case the attachment point was NOT at the top.   I'd give the 1/2 sloper a tryb4
 you try shunt feeding, etc.   You may get lucky.  Jim  VE7RF