Re: [TowerTalk] More Rohn

To: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More Rohn
From: "Bill K2OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:17:29 -0500
>From that point I risk climbing the next section unguyed, then the next goes
up with guys dangling, actually intended for the section after that and the
whole process is repeated, guying every 30', but never climbing more than
one section unguyed.

I used to climb two sections unguyed though, and never really felt
unsecure......but not on a windy day :-)
I would not risk more than that. Temporarily guying every single section,
then moving them is really being very safe.
Look at it this way, once you've constructed more than 30', you're going to
break a lot of bones if it comes down.
I know this because I rode a 40' R25 down and broke my pelvis.....I was
lucky.
BTW, that time I was actually taking down the tower and I find that's when
you get stupider (?)

BILL K2OWR