Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Guy article in CQ

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Guy article in CQ
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:08:09 -0500

Bill K2OWR wrote:
> :::: Holy cow!
> I never knew any of this stuff about guys.
> It must be a miracle that the dozen or so guyed towers that I've put up,
> over the fifty years I've been a ham,
> have not come crashing down, especially considering the brutal mountaintops
> I've lived on.
>
> >From now on I'm going to have to consider the X an Y symmetrical sectors as
> well as the ying and yang of every one of my towers :-)
>
> BILL

Tain't near that bad Bill.  Just keep the angles the same and the
tensions the same.
Actually there is a lot of leeway built in and I think many over think
it by far.

Unless a tower is pushed near its limits for load and/or height there is
a lot of flexibility as to what you can get away with. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)