Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LP v SteppIR
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta4@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:00:52 -0500
To my knowledge there have not been any motor failures. There have been some
failures of the drive system components due to the break down of a
particular plastic that was used but that has cleared up and hasn't been a
problem for many months. Having said that a failure of any components up in
the air is a problem (including a balun or maybe a rivet) no mater what but
the SteppIR concept is new and prone to some growing pains. One would have
to agree it the most innovative antenna design to come along in a very long
time.

Julio, W4HY