Re: [TowerTalk] beads for keyboard or microfone cable

To: cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] beads for keyboard or microfone cable
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:08:44 -0800
Jorge, the prices at Amidon are almost 2 times those at Mouser or Newark
and they have a very confusing house numbering system instead of using
the Fair-Rite manufacturer part numbers. I have used Mouser because they
have no minimum order size. You can see from the dimensions and
impedance values versus frequency that the type 31 cores sold by Amidon
are exactly the same ones sold by Mouser and Newark. These 2 companies
have dimensions in metric as well as english units. They also have a
link to the Fair-rite catalog data. The impedance to RF is proportional
to the number of turns of cable through the core center hole squared ( 3
turns gives 9x impedance). I think the type 31 snap on core with the
0.514 (13.05mm) hole would do the job for mouse and keyboard cables . It
is Fair-Rite number 0431164181. The price on these is about $4 each. I
am just a satisfied customer.

73, Dan, N5AR