Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial stripper

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coaxial stripper
From: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:05:43 -0500
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Orcena Lyle <olyle@usfamily.net> wrote:
> I bought a coax stripper at Radio Shack but haven't used it yet. It does
> RG6/59 cables.  It looks similar to the stripper made for TV coax.

For RG6/59 and CATV connectors (F connectors) I bought tooling from
solidsignal.com that I'm happy with.  I especially like the Digicon F
connectors.  One word of caution about those: don't try to install an
F connector for RG6 quad shield on an RG59 cable.  Learned that the
hard way.

> My neighborhood Radio Shack
> tells me that all the Radio Shack stores are going to be more friendly
> toward geeks and are stocking more electronic parts and tools and such.

We'll see.  I went down to "The Shack" (as they have rebranded
themselves) looking for ferrite beads and had to explain what they
were to the man at the counter.

--
Charles M. Coldwell, W1CMC
"Turn on, log in, tune out"

GPG ID:  852E052F
GPG FPR: 77E5 2B51 4907 F08A 7E92  DE80 AFA9 9A8F 852E 052F