Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter
From: Chris Wendling <cpwendling@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:42:58 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

Great info on stubs, and very timely given that Field Day is only 2 1/2 months
away.

A couple of quick questions:

Does a higher "Q" coax yield more attenuation, all other things being
equal? I know the notchwidth would be reduced, but was curious about
notch depth.

Also, we've used stubs in the past at Field Day, but still get some de-sensing
and "cliks".

Do you have any ideas on multiple stubs to attenuate the same
frequency, and what levels of attenuation might be achieved with more
than one stub?

Finally, in your excellent first draft of  "Some Q&A about coax and stubs for
your HF station"
in the section on "Q: What's the best way to measure a stub" you only
give the physical test layout. A couple of pointers on the test
procedure itself could be helpful.

Thanks for the great work!

73,

Chris AI4MI