[TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX
From: "Bob AD5VJ" <ad5vj@ad5vj.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:58:36 -0500
Has anyone compared these two antennas Hygain TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX in real
life? I don't see much difference in the manuals except one is supposed to
be more broadbanded and is much more complex for feed and heavier.

They both have four active elements on 10 and 3 active elements on 15&20.

I have an option of putting up one or the other to replace my Hornet
tribander. According to manuals looks like either one has about the same
gain and front to back comparing the two of them so putting up the 6 element
would put less stress on the tower.

But either one would increase forward gain 5 db and abt 7 db more front to
back compared to the Hornet.

73,
Bob AD5VJ

73,