Re: [TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:31:06 -0400
Hornet did make a TB-500 and a TB-750 which were 3 el on a short boom.
Either the TH6 or TH7 would be an improvement in gain and power handling
capability.

The TH7 has dual driven elements that do have some gain as a log cell.  It
is not like going to a full size 5 element 10.  My KT-34XA has dual driven
elements to give you more band coverage.  Its a 5 element beam on 10 and 4
el on 15 and 20 the log call can be considered one element.  K4EWG in his
log yagi studies shows the cell has some gain (less than .7DBi).

Dave K4JRB