Re: [TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:50:00 -0400
The driven elements in the TH-7 are not in phase.  There is
a phase reversal (cross-over) in the middle of the tubes
(feedline) that connects the driven elements.  The dual
driven element system on the TH-7 is much the same as the
dual driven configuration of the KT-34/KT34-A/KT-46/etc.

Given test data by respected investigators, I would trust
that the TH-7 is behaving as expected of a 4/4/5 element
trapped antenna on a 24 foot boom and that the TH-6 behaves
as expected of 3/3/4 element trapped antenna on a 24 foot
boom (with the appropriate adjustments for a shorter
effective boom length on 15 and 10 meters in both cases).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV