[TowerTalk] vertical dipole switching

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical dipole switching
From: "Stephen L. Sala K7AWB" <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:40:05 -0700
I am planning to put three vertical dipoles at the top of my 105' (102" in
reality) Rohn 25 in parallel and shorted to the three top guy wires.  The top
guy wires are insulated so the top parts are cut to 1/4 wave on 80 meters; at
the bottom insulator of that segment will be the coax point and the other half
of the dipole which goes down towards the bottom of the tower  - so it is
really an inverted v on its side.  I am supposed to open up the other two
dipoles when I transmit on any one to get some gain from the phasing.

Does anyone sell a ready to use switching box for this idea or one that can be
easily modified with the relays it has in it?  I plan to run up to 1.5KW when
finished.  I got this idea from Lamar WA7LT in Spokane and I have seen articles
on it in the magazines.

73

Stephen L. Sala
K7AWB