Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Tower Bolts Torque Setting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Tower Bolts Torque Setting
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:46:10 -0400
 Steve, Mark,

It is not that important how much torque or stretch you have in the bolt.
Torquing has been used for generations and has been accurate enough
disregarding variations in the friction.

I believe that the important thing is that the screws not unscrew themselves
after a couple of years. You are not depending on the friction between the
items bolted together in this case, right? Isn't it the sheer strength of the
bolt that is the key here?

Hans - N2JFS