Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:40:18 -0700
I thought that Steve K7LXC did answer and said it was just fine. Like you
say tubing is not pipe which is good.  Pipe is not what you would want to
use for a mast, it is soft and bends easily. Ideally you would want to use
real mast material designed for the job as sold by US-Towers, Tashjian
Towers or Texas Towers.

In Tom's case he is putting a small light weight 2 element Steppir on thick
wall aluminum tube. I had a "Temporary" thick wall aluminum tube with a
three element Stepper on the end of a 12 foot section for 4 years to extend
a 40 foot tubular tower up to 50 foot.  Did it whip around in 50mph winds, a
little, but it never bent or broke  and the mast was still in perfect
condition.

As long as he guy's the tower and keeps his eye on things I am sure he will
be fine.

Mike, K6BR