Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping TV Mast Installation questions
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:17:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Just a followup on the TV antenna pushup masts question I posted several weeks
ago. I'm hoping to have one installed on a fairly steep roof on a two story
house, mainly to support an 80-Meter inverted vee and a small 2M/UHF ground
plane antenna.

I just returned from a trip to the Fresno, CA area. In many towns along the way
from Sacramento to the Fresno area, I noticed that there were many of the old
40' - 50' pushup TV masts still supporting VHF and UHF TV antennas. It appeared
that these masts had been put up many years ago, and many had missing/broken
sets of guy wires. But they were still straight, holding up the TV antennas
after many years (decades?) So it appears that these masts may still be a good
support to use for some small ham antennas like I hope to install. I just need
to find the people to hire who are properly and safely qualified to do the
install.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Larry K7LJ