Re: [TowerTalk] HY-GAIN HG-54HD AND ROTATORS

To: k6ye@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HY-GAIN HG-54HD AND ROTATORS
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 23:19:17 -0400
On 5/15/2010 k6ye@comcast.net wrote:

>  I really do not want to drill new holes with or without a template
> (unless this the only option) and am wondering if other options exist

Adaptor plate?  Grab a piece of say, 3/8" or 1/2" 6061t6 (or 7075, or steel -
or...) clearance drill for the  Yaesu rotor, and drill and tap for the
Tailtwister.  Bolt the plate on the bottom of the Yaesu, and it'll look like a
tailtwister  bolt hole wise

It's a fairly small job for a even a minimally equipped shop - biggest cost is
materials

--
73 de KG2V

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
 a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
 and to provide new Guards for their future security."

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

A man's got to know his limitations.
 --Clint Eastwood