Re: [TowerTalk] Optimium Tower Height

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Optimium Tower Height
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:30:28 EDT

Being  able to "work what you can hear" is an almost worthless criteria
for  judging an antenna, and for the life of me I can't understand why
hams keep  using it as if it meant anything.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Working what you hear is great, but with the right antenna at the  right
height, you can hear more.  Then you can still work all you can  hear...but
more of it since you can hear more.

When the band is open you can work just about everything with any  antenna,
but with marginal conditions antenna parameters for angles become  more
focused.

By the way, I just got a card from a 4X station who has 7 band DXCC
mobile, so like I said, if the band is open no matter aboout HFTA, big antennas

etc.

Bill KH7XS