[TowerTalk] side mounting on a UST HDX589

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] side mounting on a UST HDX589
From: ke2d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:33:52 +0000 (UTC)

I am considering side-mounting a 10m LJ-105CA at the 38ft level, which is the
top of the second section of a HDX-589.    Does anyone know of someone selling
a pre-fabricated bracket that will fit the UST, or has anyone fabricated some
sort of bracket that will attach to the top of a UST tower section?  I was
thinking of taking measurements of the inner diameter of the section's two legs
on one side, then having some sort of "pins" slightly smaller than the inner
diameter welded to an aluminum or steel plate, which could then use U-bolts to
hold the boom of the yagi.  Sort of how I have seen a TIC-Ring rotor attached
to someone's UST awhile back.   Is TIC-Ring still around?   I really don't need
a rotor for this yagi, as I was planning on leaving it fixed towards Europe,
but I am not opposed to a TIC-Ring.

Anyone do something similar and care to share their ideas?

Thanks

Eric

K2WD