Re: [TowerTalk] How to reach SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to reach SteppIR
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 20:24:02 -0700

I don't own a SteppIR and have no direct experience with them at all, so
my comment here is general in nature.

About a year ago, out of curiosity I scanned through a very large
informal sampling of product reviews on eHam to see how the ratings
stacked up for various categories of complaints.  I have a very low
opinion of the accuracy of any eHam review in general, but what
intrigued me was that the great majority of scathing reviews (ratings of
zero or one) across all product lines and time frames were for customer
service issues rather than product performance, quality, or
reliability.  You can hear the same type of thing on the air or at club
meetings .... people will tolerate poor product if the supplier
addresses problems (sometime even if they don't fix them!), but nobody
will cut a vendor any slack at all for ignoring them.  It's a pretty
universal condition and I'm always amazed that so many companies, small
or large, seem so clueless about it.

If you want to run a successful enterprise, put staying in touch with
your customer base at the very top of your priority list.

73,
Dave   AB7E