Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar
From: "Pete Raymond" <n4kwpete@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:56:18 -0400
I would just like to add some food for thought.  I believe that UST deals
with many different types of customers, military, govt. agencies, and the
international market place as well.  With this in mind I would think that it
would be more cost effective to have basically one set of specifications
used in the manufacturing of their towers.  In many cases we may think these
specifications go beyond our amateur radio requirements.  I would think that
if their specifications are acceptable to the above communities surly they
will be accepted for the most part by local building codes etc.  I know from
experience that, that is not always the case.   I Just want to through this
out there to keep in the back of your mind when trying to figure out the how
and why in their specifications.
73 Pete N4KW