[TowerTalk] Warning text

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Warning text
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 19:30:19 -0700
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:18 -0700
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Warning text

I would be careful what you put on your Tower, especially if it implies that
there is a danger and you will be injured if touched or you are nearby.

Apparently "Beware of the Dog" on your gate, gets you in trouble if someone
ignores it and is bitten, because it implies you admit the dog is dangerous
by posting the sign in the first place.

This is the world/state we live in.

Mike

##  How abt.... 'protected by Smith + Wesson'

## spiral wrap razor wire.. like a slinky, going up the 1st 10' of tower.

## anti climb shields work ok..so does a 20' leash and a pit bull... tethered
to the base of the tower. Motion detector sensors  work excellent. You can use
the output of the sensor to do all sorts of stuff... like loud audible alarms,
silent alarms
inside the house.  Me, I keep an Aluminum base ball bat handy.  A 4' piece of
#7 rebar
works good too.  The Cal-AV   EB-3 baluns make superb billy clubs. Put a 6'
tall solid
fence around the backyard.  Flash bangs will do the job, but are not cheap.

Later... Jim   VE7RF