Re: [TowerTalk] Warning text

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Warning text
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 21:26:15 -0400
Funny you mention high voltage.  I am convinced that those looking for
trouble don't read signs!

There have been recent incidents of copper thieves attempting to steal
copper from high voltage transmission and distribution lines as well
as substations.

The police or power company folks usually end up finding burned
corpses at the base of the poles.

This is DESPITE signs that say "DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE"

Stupid knows no boundaries and it is quite obvious that stupid can't
read either!

Ryan, N2RJ

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hans:
>
>     I doubt that a sign will truly scare away a determined trespasser.
> What you might do instead is install anti-climb devices on the bottom
> section of tower.  These can be objects such as steel panels, often
> available through your tower manufacturer, that bolt to the bottom section,
> or barbed wire wrapped around it for ten feet or so.
>
>     Having a sign such as <Danger: High Voltage> or <Radioactive> or
> <Biohazard> on your property for all your neighbors to see may actually open
> up a whole raft of other problems for you.
>

> 73 de
> Gene Smar  AD3F

Ryan A. Jairam,