Re: [TowerTalk] SPG or whatever it is called now, to coax entrance grou

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SPG or whatever it is called now, to coax entrance ground question
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:33:37 -0700
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 07:31:57 -0700, jimlux wrote:

>Gary Schafer wrote:
>> I would stay a few feet away from the house. The ground right near the
>> foundation is dryer than it is out away from the house. Where the rain drips
>> off the roof may not be a bad place as it gets more moisture when it rains,
>> the time you also worry about lightning.
>>

>Good point...  Although, the whole discussion strikes me as a
>"overthinking" the problem a bit.. A few feet one way or another
>probably doesn't make much difference.

I don't see this as "over-thinking" at all -- rather I see it as quite
practical advice. I have flowers and shrubs close to my house, and those that
are protected by some sort of roof overhang get a LOT less moisture than the
soil only a foot or so away that is not protected.

Overall, Gary's advice is pretty much on target. He's found the fundamentally
sound grain of truth in the often over-blown and mis-applied single point
ground concept. Well done!

73, Jim Brown K9YC