Re: [TowerTalk] Have we been wasting our money?

To: Dino Darling <dino@kx6d.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Have we been wasting our money?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:49:31 -0400
Hmmmm...
No where in my post did I mention CB, or using said antenna for CB.

On 6/22/2010 3:54 PM, Dino Darling wrote:
> Roger, stop stirring the pot!  That CB antenna works perfect for what it
> was designed for.
What on earth could it be designed to do except maybe create a large
corona discharge?
However if the pictures and description of the antenna is accurate, it
would be unsafe to use with that power as a mobile antenna even for the
driver of the car or truck.

>    The design was stolen from a guy named Kale who
> builds the "Penetrator 10K" antenna.
Who claims a better, more efficient antenna that doesn't get into the
neighbors electronics.  Unless an antenna arcs, or has some loose
connections the construction with a more efficient radiator that puts
out more power has nothing to do with creating less RFI.  The one valid
claim is that it is rugged and it is very rugged.
>    I know you are not so naive to
> think that there isn't a huge outlaw CB market.
> Just as many hams use the Wilson 1000 for 10-meters, this antenna would
> work there as well.  Get off the CB bashwagon.
I was never on it.
>    Next thing we'll here is
> that M2 and Force 12 are bad because they make 11-meter antennas.  Heck,
> both those companies make amateur radio antennas with optional 5KW
> baluns, and with you also being on the AMPS reflector, you know that
> licensed amateurs are using that amount of power....plus!

Did I complain about the amount of power?
However, running that amount of power in a mobile, be it 11, 10 or six
meters, far exceeds the allowable, safe exposure limits.
> I'm just tired of the CB bashing over the last 20+ years!
I can't recall an anti CB post on this reflector.
>   There are as
> many jerks in OUR ranks as well!  Time for people to grow up!

With that part I partially agree. All you have to do is listen around
3.895, give or take a bit.
> "If your slate is clean, then you can throw stones..."

It's probably a lot cleaner than most. <:-))
Yes, I once had an actual CB license when it was still a licensed
service and my dad had one in their car when going on long trips, but
that was a very long time ago.

73

Roger (K8RI)