Re: [TowerTalk] anti seize/never seize ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] anti seize/never seize ?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:53:42 -0700
Passivated SS, which is frequently the case for machine screw sizes (<
1/4-20) is much less likely to gall.  Passivation tends to make the
screws more gray in color and less shiny.

Lanolin is also a "standard" anti gall lubricant for SS and is packaged
for this purpose and is a lot less messy than anti-seize compounds.  I
doubt there is much difference (magic) among the various anti-seize
brands, it seems they have pretty much the same metal powders in a
grease base, as long as the proper formulation is chosen for the
materials being fastened.

Grant KZ1W

snip