Re: [TowerTalk] HOA Abuse

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HOA Abuse
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 09:43:27 -0500
It states in the article that the captain and his family are still in their
home pending litigation, and State Senator Carona isn't the only state
senator here. We have 30 others beside him. People are working on the
issue.

Like most laws, it had a reason when it was enacted. However, the law has
been abused and misapplied and is under review due to cases like this.

And, for the record, he is a captain, meaning he has likely been military a
while, so let's not denigrate the wife here too quickly. Military wives tend
to be VERY responsible, so who knows how she managed to miss making the
payments.

Bottom line, one of the photos shows the family together at home and says
they are litigating it. With any luck at all, it will go away.

Michael Goins, k5wmg
Professor, Writing
University of Texas at San Antonio
Northwest Vista College