Re: [TowerTalk] HOA Abuse

To: "'Blake Bowers'" <bbowers@mozarks.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HOA Abuse
From: "John Langdon" <jlangdon@outer.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:31:20 -0500
My objection is to the injustice of the magnitude of the loss on the
homeowner's part to cover a small HOA fee and tacked on legal costs.

The HOA board should never have allowed this to happen to a serviceman who
was overseas. I think the HOA directors are scumbags for watching it take
place.

It is bad PR for the HOA at minimum, and if some smart attorney really got
interested, I am sure they could find several procedural or filing problems
in some aspect of the HOA's registration and operation that would allow the
HOA to be taken apart, possible leading to individual liability for those on
the HOA board.

This is a fine example of the difference in the letter of the law and the
spirit of the law, and really bad karma like this sometimes wakes people up
to a needed change in the letter of the law to better reflect the spirit.

73 John N5CQ