Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical antennas and lightning

To: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>, "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical antennas and lightning
From: "Bill Aycock" <baycock2@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:40:58 -0500
Gene--
In your message to Dan, you say:
 "you'll be draining off the static electricity (DC charge) to
ground, hopefully thus minimizing the likelihood of a strike to begin with."
I have always believed this to be true, but whenever I even hint at it,
someone on this reflector jumps on me. Do you have a reference for me?
Thanks--Bill--W4BSG