[TowerTalk] FW: question on where to run coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: question on where to run coax
From: "Gary E. Jones" <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:31:28 -0500
Unless you have massive numbers of coax run, (I routinely have had about 4
runs per tower), they will fit very nicely up against the leg on the
outside, There essentially is a notch where the diagonal braces weld to the
steel tube legs (on Rohn Towers), and four runs of coax fit in that notch
very nicely. I take the runs to the leg. I have never had any problems with
crimping or crushing any coax/rotor runs and in fact, the bunched coax that
is taped to the leg makes that leg slightly thicker in diameter which make
it even easier to hold the tower legs with that hand when you are climbing.
Pulling coax up through the center is a massive pain in the butt, IMHO

    73

                 Gary      W5FI