Re: [TowerTalk] Preferred Come Along or Puller?

To: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preferred Come Along or Puller?
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:09:56 -0400
On 8/16/2010 Doug Grant wrote:
...snip...
> When doing some work with K4ZA a couple of years ago, I saw the
> Lug-All come-along that he uses, and knew that I had to have one.
> Massive cast-aluminum frame, easy-operating reversing lever, and
> detachable lever arm. Check out http://www.lug-all.com for complete
> info.
...snip...

I don't know how good they are these days, but back when I was in the hoist
industry, CM made some very good come a longs ("wire rope Lever tool") and also
made chain come-a-longs ("mini ratchet lever hoists") and they als make a more
tradition come-a-long under the ""wire rope lever hoist" lines

Disclaimer - I once (30 years ago) worked for the company that was the local CM
dealer (as well as other US brands of hoist like P&H etc), but have not had
anything to do with them since the early 1980s

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)