Re: [TowerTalk] cable locating--Underground Service Alert

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cable locating--Underground Service Alert
From: REHill <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:24:31 -0700
  Underground Service Alert, USA, and One Call Alerts, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Service_Alert

http://www.constructionweblinks.com/Industry_Topics/Specifications__Technical_Data/Specifications_and_Technical_D/Earthwork_and_Site_Work__Speci/underground_alert_centers/underground_alert_centers.html
     or *http://preview.tinyurl.com/2mmoo*

Rich
NU6T

On 8/30/2010 12:05 PM, Joseph or Ruth Patrick wrote:
> I think the point here is most everywhere has an underground locate service.
> You
> call them up before you dig, They come out locate the lines and give you a
> number or receipt that proves you called first.If the guy won't locate or mark
> where you want complain until he does his job.I've had all utilities come on
> private property and locate. You think there stuff does not run under private
> property? Think again.You really don't know whats down there until you get
> there.I had my operator sit in the machine for 2 days because the person that
> was responsible to set up the locate did not do there job. Rip up a fiber
> optic
> line that serves the hospital 2 blocks down, or how about an 8" gas line. Ask
> Con ED if they know where all there high pressure steam lines are. They
> don't.Your lucky if they can find the right valve to shut it down. The point
> is
> if you rip out somonelses stuff you have to pay to fix it. You think my boss
> was
> mad for letting that operator sit there 2 days? you bet he was. Until the the
> next morning about 8:30 AM another operator ripped out a 6" gas line and OOPS
> they forgot to call for a locate.We all went to the bar and got paid.Just call
> and CYA is all you have to do.
>   73 K4XZ Joe Patrick

Rich
NU6T