[TowerTalk] How much Phillystran?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How much Phillystran?
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:52:12 -0700
I?m planning a tower installation that requires six guy wires (three pairs
of two) at the 50? level. The guy lines will be about 75 feet long.  I?m
supposed to use some combination of 6700# Phillystran and ¼? EHS.

I know the bottom part (I?ve always heard 10?) should be EHS because it is
less vulnerable to damage due to vandalism and grass fires.

EHS is a lot cheaper than Phillystran.  How much of the 75? guy should be
Phillystran for ?good? HF results?  The antennas are the tower are on 40,
20, and 15 meters, and the booms are about 48? long on 15 and 20.  Can I
expect ?good? results with, for example,  35? of Phillystran and 40? of EHS?
How would I figure this out?

Dick, K6KR