Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotor Speed
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 14:43:44 -0400
I've posted this before but if you have the "small" prop pitch motor and
it's bevel gear output, I found a good commercial gear that fits exactly. It
says "Martin 35-36" on it. A good industrial supply house should be able to
get it for you.Very reasonable price -   $10-15. The only problem with it is
that it comes bored for a 1/2 " shaft - much too large for most selsyns. A
local machine shop guy agreed to plug the hole and mount the gear on my
selsyn shaft for bottle of Royal Crown- fair enough and he did a great job
(before he got to the bottle).
Gene / W2LU