Re: [TowerTalk] Which feedline to use

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which feedline to use
From: "Doug Rehman" <doug@k4ac.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 08:11:07 -0400
I've been using LMR-400 with my crankup tower for about 5 years, including
the rotor loop. I've got about 10 runs bundled into a large umbilical cord
with the rotor cable, a heavy cable for the 24V tower lights, and a control
cable. The tower is raised/lowered about once a month on average. The
antennas have been used in contesting, including VHF/UHF, so they've seen a
lot of rotation. The rotor loop is fairly large, sticking out from the tower
about 2'. LMR-400 is stiff enough, especially when multiple runs are
bundled, that the rotor loop doesn't hang. So far, no problems.

Doug
K4AC
(Running for ARRL Southeastern Division Director- please check out my
website at www.k4ac.com and my campaign blog at www.k4ac.net)

the