Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-52SS help needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-52SS help needed
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 18:57:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2010 9:13:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I did a quick search and found an original Hy-Gain .pdf  file with wind
survival and load limit numbers for the fully extended  tower.

    WARNING! These are OLD and outdated specs. As  with all older
crank-ups, they were rated at 50 MPH. The minimum windspeed  these days is 70
MPH, at
which point I think the capacity of the HG tower  reaches somewhere around
zero.

    Please be careful and conservative if you're  using one of these,
including the old Tri-Ex's, etc.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH