Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-52SS help needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-52SS help needed
From: "Dino Darling" <dino@kx6d.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 07:33:14 -0700
Steve gives some good advice here!

Also remember this, although the specs have changed over the years, the
towers have only seen some minor engineering/mechanical changes (except
for US Tower who abandoned the original Z bracing they inherited from
Tristao, if favor of TriEx's superior W bracing once their patent
expired).

While it is never recommended to overload a tower, it will definately
hold something. If you live in a high wind zone, be extra careful.  If
you lived where there is little to no wind, it will hold more.

Since the engineer for the HG-52SS was once an engineer for Triex...and
it shares almost the original W bracing, you should be in fine shape no
matter what the current specs on paper call for.

Some good common sense needs to be applied.  If you don't have any, call
a friend who does!

Dino - KX6D